Please use this form to sign up to support the cycling charter in a personal capacity. If you represent an organisation please sign here.
The Colchester Cycling Charter
We, the people, businesses, organisations and schools in Colchester want our town to be a vibrant place to work, study, thrive and do business.
We recognise that…
- cycling has an important part to play in addressing Colchester’s challenges of congestion, inactive lifestyles, pollution and population growth
- cycling supports business, boosts economic productivity and contributes to the health and well-being of our workforce
- pressure on the growing town will be relieved if more people cycle
- increasing physical activity significantly eases the burden on our health and social care services
We want Colchester to be a town where…
- children can cycle to school or college safely
- people can travel to work safely, directly and easily on a convenient and connected cycle network
- our roads and public spaces prioritise people and make cycling the safe, natural choice for short journeys
- cycling contributes to our prosperity, helps us stay healthy and keeps people and goods moving